While ceramic and porcelain tile is resistant to staining, some tiles may be more porous than others. Even sealed grout may be susceptible to some stains. It is critical to follow some basic steps to avoid permanent damage to your floor:
- Promptly wipe up any spills with a clean, white cloth or paper towel
- Remove spots and residues with a clean, white cloth or paper towel and warm water or an approved cleaner such as FloorCare Essentials Hard Surface Cleaner. Never use cleaning products containing acids or ammonia
- Grease, lipstick, mildew and other stains on tile or grout may require a high-strength cleaner, specialized poultice or professional cleaning. The Floor Store recommends using only a certified hard surface cleaning professional such as one that can be found by contacting the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) at 1-800-835-4624.
- Never saturate the floor with water or cleaners as this may carry dirt and grime into the grout joints and promote mold or mildew growth
- Resealing of your grout may be necessary after using some cleaning agents. Consult your product information for instructions